THE 1300 ASSOCIATION – Show participant since 1994
APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR 2017
No official mailing list is kept.
The application fee is $35.00, is non-refundable and is payable by check.
Postdated checks are not accepted and will disqualify the application. Checks returned for non-sufficient funds will disqualify the application.
Your canceled application fee check will be your receipt.
Booth Fees are $550.00 – $575.00, depending on location. Prices include the fee for the Metro Louisville Vendor Permit. The booth fee is for rental of exhibit space by the applicant only and is not transferable to another artist.
Please do not send a check for booth fees at time of application. You will be notified by mail if your application is accepted and what the fee is for your booth.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Applications from new artists will be accepted beginning on January 1, 2017.
Only one application per artist /medium will be accepted. Business partners or spouses working in different media must apply separately; those working as partners to create the same body of work and occupy the same booth space may submit one application. Artists applying in two different medium categories must submit an application form, an application fee and photos for both media. Artists may not apply in more than one category with the same body of work. Artists may exhibit work only in the medium category in which they applied.
Every applicant (including each applicant in a business partnership) must sign the application form.
All applications must be received by June 1, 2017.
Your fully completed and signed application form must be accompanied by:
1. Three 4″ x 6″ photographs of your work + one 4″x 6″photograph of your outdoor display. Slides will not be juried. Please, do not send actual examples of your work. Photos from accepted artists and wait-listed artists will be kept on file.All photos submitted become the property of the 1300 Association.
2. A check in the amount of $35.00 (non-refundable application fee) payable to:
The 1300 Association
Please mail the above application materials to:
The 1300 Association
Co- Directors: Larry Askins & Anne Bird
1391 South Third Street
Louisville, KY 40208-2305
Your canceled application fee check will serve as your receipt.
We are not responsible for applications lost or delayed in the mail.
The 1300 Association exhibit area includes the west side of the 1300 block of South Third Street and the north side of Magnolia Avenue between Third and Fourth Streets.
Booth#s 3N-701 through 3N-752 are on a grassy area and face west.
Booth #s 3N-753 through 3N-781 are on pavement, straddle a curb, and face south.
The average booth space allotment is 12’wide by 10′ deep, but this varies, as it is an outdoor show where natural or man made obstructions can limit or increase a booth’s size. There are no booth spaces that are perfectly level.
Artists must have a tent. 10′ x 10′ tents are the maximum size that can be accommodated, no exceptions. The height of your booth and display should not exceed 9′ due to low hanging tree branches. Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own tents and displays, which should be sufficiently sturdy and weighted to withstand weather and crowds.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION:
• All work MUST be designed and executed by the accepted artist. Commercial or imported items, items made from kits or greenware, mass produced, or Buy/Resell items are NOT ACCEPTED. Any person exhibiting arts/crafts that have any resemblance to such items is subject to dismissal from the show. Items exhibited and offered for sale must be consistent with the images that were submitted at the time of application. Items that are misrepresentations of works represented at the time of application are subject to removal from the show
• Artists must be present and have the booth open during all hours of the three day event. Agents for artists, including dealers, frame shops and galleries are not accepted.
• Exhibitors will cause no noise which can be heard beyond the perimeters of their own exhibitor space. Hawking of items is prohibited.
• An artist may apply to any or all 6 sections of the art show. However, an artist may not accept more than one invitation to exhibit in more than one of the 6 show sections in any single show year.
• All participating artists’ booths will be street juried.
• Kentucky law requires collection of a 6% sales tax on all sales made during the art show.
• Security is provided for displays only during the hours the show is not in operation. The St. James Court Art Show is in an urban, residential area. Reasonable precautions should be taken to ensure the safety of yourself and your property. All work exhibited is at the artists’ own risk. It is recommended that each exhibitor obtain general liability insurance, as the show’s insurance does NOT extend coverage for exhibit damage, theft, or bodily injury.
• No food products are to be sold by exhibitors, nor are food vendors of any kind accepted.
• The number of exhibitors in certain medium categories will be limited.
• Running water and electricity are not available. Generators are not permitted, battery powered lighting is acceptable.
• Demonstrations of your medium in your booth are highly encouraged.
• Returning artists will be given preferred booth space whenever possible. New artists will be placed after returning artists have been assigned. Requests will be considered, but The 1300 Association reserves the right to change an exhibitor space if it is deemed necessary, and the exhibitor’s full cooperation is expected.
Booth setup is required the day before the show starts. For new artists, a picture ID must be presented before booth set up begins. Loading and unloading is permitted in close proximity to booth locations
Booths along the west side of the 1300 block of South Third Street generally have parking for one car, or one medium sized van, or one standard sized pick-up truck behind the booth. Please note that extended vans, extended cab/extended bed trucks, and U-Hauls will not fit behind the booth. Vehicles may not block traffic nor infringe on neighboring artist’s booth space. . You will need to make arrangements to park over-sized vehicles at your overnight accommodations or pay to park them at nearby schools and churches.
Louisville Metro Ordinances forbid recreational vehicle or camper parking on city streets. You will need to make arrangements and pay to park them in nearby lots. There is no parking allowed on Magnolia Avenue. Magnolia artists have the option of free, limited parking on side-streets, or paying to park in lots that are nearby their booths.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing. Artists canceling on or before July 1, 2015 will be refunded all but $75.00 of their booth fee. After July 1, 2017 there will be no booth fee refunds. No refunds of any kind will be extended to any artist who accepts an invitation to another section of the 2017 St. James Court Art Show. The show takes place rain or shine; no refunds are given for inclement weather. The 1300 Association reserves the right to accept or reject any new or returning artist. Participation in the show is by invitation. All applicants who meet show criteria are given careful consideration. If you cannot meet our criteria, please do not apply. Thank you for your interest in our show.
Co-Directors: Larry Askins & Anne Bird
1300 Association Office Number: 502-212-7500